How to write an attachment application letter (with samples)
Tips on how to write an attachment letter
- At the top of the application letter should be your address then followed by the address of company or receiver. It is not advisable write your name at the top of a letter. (Check for sample application letter below)
- There after the salutation. Use Sir or Madam if you do not know the name of the person you are writing to.
- Reference (This is the title of the application letter) example Application for internship in the engineering department
- Opening paragraph: This paragraph should state the position you are applying to or for and how you knew of the position. It should also contain a basic introduction of who you are.
- Body paragraph: Explain why you are interested in the position you are applying for, demonstrate your understanding of the position, talk about your qualification and skills in brief as they will be contained in your CV.
- Conclusion Paragraph: State that you are ready to take the opportunity fairly. Thank the employer for her/his consideration in advance.
- Closing remarks or complimentary remarks: End you letter “Yours Sincerely” if you have begun it with a person’s title and family name. If you have begun “Dear Sir or Madam”, then end you letter “Yours faithfully”
(Your handwritten signature)
Your name typed
P.O BOX 3556-3767,
August 3, 2020
Ziteck Broadcasting Corporation
P O Box5755-73623
REF: INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT
I am a 3rd-year student pursuing mass media and communication at Machakos University and I wish to apply for an attachment. It is a requirement that I spend three months in an industry that is related to my field of study prior to the final year program.
As indicated in my CV, I have been working as a writer in the campus press and also s a CNN reporter. On June 23rd, 2020, I was selected to represent our country in a student journalism conference in Israel. Your company is very suitable for me in terms of my area of interest and your location.
I shall be most grateful if my application is considered favorably.