What to Include in Your Cover Letter. Emphasize your achievements. Include examples of your accomplishments in past jobs as a teacher. Describe your experience. Mention any training or certifications. Include related work outside the classroom. Customize your cover letter. Take your time.
To The Principal
St Mary’s School,
P.O BOX 40580 00100,
19th Feb, 2021
Dear Si/ Madam
RE: APPLICATION FOR TEACHING POSITION (ENGLISH AND LITRATURE ).
Your recent job posting for an English teacher has captured my serious interest. I am confident that my qualifications, skills and experience provide me with the capabilities to fulfil the position and add significant value to the school.
Please accept my resume for your review and allow me to briefly highlight some key points:
- skilled in employing a differentiated approach to provide a student-centred learning environment that encourages resourcefulness and critical thinking while promoting tolerance, respect and emotional security for a diverse student group
- development of innovative instructional strategies, materials and methodologies to address varied student needs
- optimal utilization of a range of diagnostic assessments to closely monitor progress towards the achievement of curriculum goals and student performance objectives
- track record of maximizing the educational achievement of each student resulting in an overall increase in test scores
- in-depth and current subject matter knowledge including English Literature, Language Arts and Composition.
My commitment to ensuring each student is provided with the capabilities necessary to become successful and contributing members of a dynamic community is evident in my availability to students and parents beyond the instructional day and my ongoing professional development activities relevant to the student population.
I am very enthusiastic about this opportunity to work with Oshwal Academy – Nairobi as your commitment to providing a holistic education for each and every student is well known. I would love to meet with you, at your earliest convenience, to discuss this further.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.